Custom Battery Design & Production Services
Proven Innovative Battery Pack Solutions
Epec Engineered Technologies is an experienced designer, developer and manufacturer of innovative battery power solutions. With over 60 years of operational excellence, we have built a state of the art ISO9001:2008 production facility outside of Boston, MA along with strategic global manufacturing locations to provide cost effective, high volume production. Epec manages complex customer programs with our stable of in-house design, tooling, programming, regulatory and test capabilities.
We offer designs for both primary and secondary chemistries to include, alkaline, NiMH, NiCd, primary lithium, and the latest lithium-ion or lithium-polymer batteries. Our goal is to offer full battery design support to help create a custom pack with optimal size, capacity, voltage, operating temperature range to meet the many varied application demands.
Design & Production Services
At Epec Engineered Technologies we provide early design guidance, and design services in the following areas:
- Battery Chemistry Selection
- Battery Charger Selection/Design
- Battery Fuel-gauge Suggestions Based On Application
- Battery Safety-Circuitry Recommendations
- Battery Construction Suggestions
- System Architecture Guidance
- Regulatory Guidance and Education
- Production Test Equipment
We provide full turn-key services in product development, production of batteries, chargers, and batteries with embedded BMS control.
Portable Power Design
- Plastic design with 3-D modeling
- SLA prototypes, and polyurethane quick-turn molds
- Production tooling design
- Custom Label and Overlays
Electrical Engineering & PCB Design and Layout
- Custom battery, battery charger, and fuel gauge design
Embedded Firmware Development
- Custom battery and customer system interface development
Automated Production Test Equipment Design and Development
- Production test equipment development
Epec's Network of Manufacturing Partners
Battery Team Experience
We have key team members that have been active within the battery and battery-charger industry since 1996. Our battery team has over twenty-two years of experience in military, medical, industrial, and high-volume consumer industries providing Epec a distinct advantage when developing and qualifying battery designs for use in these industries.
Epec's experience includes pioneering the development of custom safety circuits and battery chargers for the Li-Sulfur chemistry. We have extensive experience in the development of safety-circuits, fuel gauging, and battery chargers for Li-Ion, and Li-Polymer chemistries. As a result, our team has received numerous patents in their area of work.